While nearly any sun-soaked stretch of sand sounds perfect just now, some beaches clearly take the sand and surf prerequisites to a higher level. Here are the world's best beaches of 2014, according to TripAdvisor users (whose comments are in quotes after each entry).
10. Playa Norte (Isla Mujeres, Mexico) -- "Perfect white sand, endless warm shallow water and a relaxed, casual vibe."
9. Rhossili Bay (Swansea, United Kingdom) -- "Truly the most beautiful beach. The sheer scale and wildness of the location add to the majesty."
8. Lanikai Beach (Kailua, Hawaii) -- "Not easy to find, which makes the discovery all the better. It's like stepping into a postcard."
7. Anse Lazio (Praslin Island, Seychelles) -- "Picture perfect in every way. Gorgeous beach and the bluest water ever!"
6. Playa de des Illetes (Formentera, Balearic Islands, Spain) -- "Endless sea, fine sand, spectacular views, yachts, fancy stalls, Ibiza on the horizon."
5. Whitehaven Beach (Whitsunday Island, Australia) -- "Absolutely spectacular. Nothing but pure, pristine beach. Shallow, warm, clear water."
4. Rabbit Beach (Lampedusa, Islands of Sicily) -- Rabbit Beach took No. 4 on this year's list.
3. Flamenco Beach/Playa Flamenco (Culebra, Puerto Rico) -- "This beach is my happy place. I dream about it."
2. Grace Bay (Providenciales, Turks and Caicos) -- Grace Bay's powder-soft white sand landed in the No. 2 spot on this year's list.
1. Baia de Sancho (Fernando de Noronha, Brazil) -- Wins TripAdvisor's best beach for 2014, "The beach requires little work to access, but visitors are rarely disappointed."
Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.