WISC honored with station of the year award, 19 other honors
Updated On: May 06 2013 04:36:07 PM CDT
WISC-TV, News 3 and Channel3000 were honored with 19 awards and a station of the year award from the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association at the organization's annual gala Saturday.
WISC earned the WBA's medium market Station of the Year award by earning the most points of other medium market TV stations from awards won in 21 categories.
"The WBA award is a testament to the work our staff does on a daily basis. We are a community station delivering news and information to viewers throughout southern Wisconsin," said WISC-TV General Manager Tom Bier. "Every member of our staff contributes to that mission and being named Station of the Year is recognition that their work is successful and they are making an impact."
The following awards were won:
- News writing, Lexia's Lens, first place
- News writing, Living with EB, second place
- Hard news/investigative, Policing the Pumps, second place
- Series/documentary, Panhandling Payoff, third place
- Feature, Skylar Stecker Can Sing, first place
- Sports reporting, A Coach's Classroom, second place
- Best use of sports video, River Valley's Coach Crook, third place
- Significant community impact, Koats for Kids 2012, second place
- Specialty programming, Paul Ryan's Rise, first place
- Editorial, GOP power play, first place
- Editorial, Am I My Brother's Keeper?, second place
- Promotional announcement, "Family Owned, Wisconsin's Own", first place
- Public service announcement, Gio's Garden, second place
- Election coverage, Campaign 2012, first place
- Best niche website, Channel3000.com community sites, third place
- Best use of user-generated content, December Blizzard Watch, first place
- Best innovation, Election maps, second place
- Best use of social media, WISC and Channel3000 social media, first place
- Best online personality, Jessica Arp, first place
The station competed with medium market stations from across the state for the awards honoring work done in 2012.
WISC-TV, News 3 and Channel3000 are owned by Morgan Murphy Media.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.