What's going on this weekend?
Updated On: Apr 17 2014 01:52:13 PM CDT
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, April 18th:
Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- The Madison Bach Musicians present Bach’s Mass in B minor in collaboration with the Madison Choral Project. Through April 19, madisonbachmusicians.org
- Catch Milwaukee’s celebrated guitarist, singer-songwriter and genre-bending Willy Porter live tonight at the Majestic Theatre. majesticmadison.com
Saturday, April 19th:
- Itching to get outdoors? So are we. Spend your Saturday on the Square for the first weekend of the outdoor Dane County Farmers’ Market. dcfm.org
- Head to the Goodman Center for Madison Food Camp, organized by Slow Food Madison. Learn about dozens of sustainable food topics from local experts, from canning to homebrewing to gardening. madisonfoodcamp.org
- Let the kids take the field at the Mallard’s Duck Pond for the Great Dane’s 18th annual Easter Egg hunt and a visit from the Easter Bunny. greatdanepub.com/node/1051
- Head to High Noon Saloon for an evening of blues. The Cadillac Joe Memorial Show honors the beloved Madison blues musician Cadillac Joe Anderson. high-noon.com
- Madison Theatre Guild stages Shorts on the 2nd Floor, a series of short plays by major and emerging figures in American theater, including works from Tennessee Williams, Christopher Durang, and Gregory Hischak. Through May 3, madisontheatreguild.org
- Make Easter hats with the kids at the Madison Children’s Museum, and then join the Easter Hat Parade around the Capitol. madisonchildrensmuseum.org
Sunday, April 20th:
- Still seeking plans for Easter breakfast? A variety of Madison spots including the Great Dane, Sardine and the Concourse Hotel are serving an Easter brunch. Check our Dining Guide for more ideas. madisonmagazine.com/diningguide
- Practice the swing, the fox-trot and the samba at the Sunday Dance Party, featuring music from Marcy & the Highlights. sundaydanceparty.com
- Celebrate Easter, Earth Day, and John Muir’s birthday with a guided walk through the Arboretum. Today’s walk, For the Love of the Earth, focuses on signs of spring. uwarboretum.org