What's going on this weekend?
Updated On: Sep 19 2014 03:57:41 PM CDT
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, September 19:
- Calling all cheddar connoisseurs, American aficionados and gouda groupies! The Green County Cheese Days includes the popular 5K and 10K cheese chase races, live music, and of course, an abundance of dairy. Through Sunday, cheesedays.com
- Folk wonders The Head and the Heart are closing out this summer’s free Live on King Street series. The free show has been moved from King Street to the 100 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd in anticipation of a huge crowd for the indie crooners. liveonkingstreet.com
- Looking for a night of poetry, dance, music and theatre? The Suitcase Dreams, presented by Theatre LILA, will be showcasing a night of all four at the Overture Center. The production is a story of many journeys, all inspired by one piece of luggage. Through September 28, overturecenter.com
Read more about The Suitcase Dreams here.
- The Conscious Carnivore Party will celebrate a year of offering ethical food choices to Madisonians. With cake, a kids’ contest and pulled pork sliders, it’s an event foodies won’t want to miss. facebook.com/ConsciousCarnivore
- The UW Cancer Center fundraiser Munich to Madison is an alcohol sampling extravaganza. At this Oktoberfest event you’ll drink local beer and wine and raise money for a worthy cause—what could be better? uwhealth.org
Saturday, September 20:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Locavores rejoice at the Food For Thought Festival celebrating local, sustainable food. Make sure to check out the offerings at the food plaza and bring miniature foodies by the kids’ tent. reapfoodgroup.org
- Head just west of Madison to the Driftless Art Festival for a celebration of regional art and culture. The festival features visual and performing artists and artisan food vendors. Through September 21, driftlessareaartfestival.com
- Celebrate fifty years of the Monona Library at their anniversary party. There will be dinner, dancing and a live auction. mymonona.com
- The Cambridge Fall Festival is the perfect ode to autumn. Watch the leaves tumble from a tractor hayride, try out scarecrow building and indulge in the pie eating competition. cambridgewi.com
Sunday, September 21:
- Travel back in time at the Heritage Festival in Waunakee. You’ll forget it’s the twenty-first century as you tour a farmstead and learn old-school skills like butter-making, quilting and blacksmithing. schumacherfarmpark.org
- Cross into the dazzling flora at Olbrich Gardens’ Thai Fest. Celebrate the country’s rich culture while watching traditional dancing and noshing on volcano shrimp from Sa-Bai Thong. olbrich.org
- It’s been fourteen years since Harvest, one of the city’s top restaurants, opened its doors, and they're throwing an anniversary dinner to celebrate. Enjoy a six-course dinner with wine pairings. harvest-restaurant.com