What's going on this weekend?
Updated On: Jul 25 2014 10:16:52 AM CDT
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, July 25th:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- Join Hop Head Beer Tours for a hop-filled weekend. The group is offering two different brewery bus tours this weekend. Friday night, they’ll tour Capital Brewery, House of Brews and Karben4 and on Saturday, they’ll visit Wisconsin Brewing Company, Ale Asylum and One Barrel Brewing. June 25—26, hopheadbeertours.com
- Alt-rock group Cracker takes the stage at the free outdoor Live on King Street concert this week. liveonkingstreet.com
- Madison Savoyards’ Princess Ida opens tonight. The comic opera satirizes education, government and relationships between the sexes through the story of a princess who founds a women’s university. Through August 3, madisonsavoyards.org
Read a preview here.
Saturday, July 26th:
- Grab your bike and head to Lake Monona for the second annual Loop the Lake—a bike ride around Lake Monona, highlighting the community’s lakeshore bike paths. The ride will start next to Machinery Row and will finish in Law Park for the Clean Lakes Festival. Proceeds will support the Clean Lakes Alliance’s lake improvement and protection efforts. cleanlakesalliance.com
- Speaking of which, celebrate our city’s lakes at the annual Clean Lakes Fest in Law Park! The fest includes canoeing, kayaking, paddleboarding, waterskiing and a floating stage with live music. cleanlakesfestival.com
- The annual Atwood Summerfest, now dubbed AtwoodFest, is on! Enjoy continuous music, food, kids’ activities and a raffle for $1,000 worth of gift certificates to eastside restaurant. Through July 27, atwoodfest.org
Sunday, July 27th:
- Celebrate boating and Madison lakes with a relaxing day on the lake at the Clean Lakes Alliance annual Aquapalooza Festival in Picnic Point Bay. cleanlakesalliance.com
- The Fireside Dinner Theatre in Fort Atkinson presents the musical revue Smokey Joe’s Café, featuring thirty-nine songs from the music of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, including "Hound Dog," "Love Potion #9,? "Jailhouse Rock," and "Stand By Me.” Through August 31, firesidetheatre.com
- Take the kids to learn about wild and domesticated critters at the Madison Children’s Museum’s Rooftop Animal Adventures. madisonchildrensmuseum.org
Monday, July 28th:
- Broadway singer and Glee star Telly Leung will be at Overture Center to perform a concert benefitting the newly formed Capital City Theatre professional musical theater group and its education programming. overturecenter.com