What's going on this weekend?
Updated On: Aug 01 2014 01:56:45 PM CDT
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, August 1st:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- The Sugar Maple Traditional Music Festival lineup is packed with blues, folk, western swing and roots music performances in Lake Farm County Park. Stick around for artist interviews, interactive jam sessions and workshops. Through August 2, sugarmaplefest.org
- Get ready to groove at the summer’s first Dane Dances! This Monona Terrace rooftop tradition features jazz, R&B and Latin dance music tonight. Fridays in August, danedances.org
- Tour the Madison chain of lakes and enjoy a boat show as you learn about antiqueboats at the annual Antique and Classic Boat Show. Through August 2, cleanlakesalliance.com
Saturday, August 2nd:
- Breakfast buns anyone? Be one of the first to try these savory treats at Umami, as they launch their brunch menu. umamimadison.com
- Join Fromagination and Around the Farm Table for a cheese tasting featuring St. Isidore’s Mead, a micro dairy in Osseo. fromagination.com
- Visit the National Mustard Museum in Middleton to celebrate everyone’s favorite condiment—mustard. The family-friendly fest includes music, games, hot dogs and mustard samplings. mustardmuseum.com
- Bring the family to Brittingham Boats for an ice cream boat float—paddle to different stations and build your own sundae, and afterward, enjoy an outdoor movie. wingraboats.com
Sunday, August 3rd:
- Don’t miss the last performance of Princess Ida, a comic opera presented by Madison Savoyards at UW’s Music Hall. madisonsavoyards.org
Read a preview here.
- Madison-based photojournalist Brent Nicastro presents a black and white photography exhibition, Tracks in the Sand - Captured Memories of the Oregon Coast, at the Tamarack Gallery. Through September 19, tamarackgallerymadison.com
- Join Merchant and Strides for Africa for an afternoon dedicated to enhancing local knowledge and to support water crisis in rural Africa. Tour the renovated dining area and enjoy happy hour beverages and complimentary hors d’oeuvres. merchantmadison.com