What's going on this weekend?
Updated On: Mar 13 2014 07:19:56 PM CDT
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here are some highlights from Madison Magazine's Weekend 608.
Friday, March 14th:
?Fridays mark our Freebie Friday Facebook giveaways. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win great prizes every Friday!
- It’s St. Patrick’s Day all weekend long at the Essen Haus; they’ll have live polka bands, green beer and a special Irish menu. March 14-17. essen-haus.com/events/st-patricks-day
- Violinist Karina Canellakis joins the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra for a modern version of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Michael McLean’s ethereal Elements will be followed by Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto and Haydn’s Symphony No. 101 ‘Clock’. wcoconcerts.org
- Fresco Opera Theatre’s latest puts a singing competition in the context of professional wrestling. Help choose the champion at the “Opera Smackdown” at the Overture Center. Through March 15, frescooperatheatre.com
Read more about “Opera Smackdown” here.
Saturday, March 15th:
- Celebrate the grand reopening of CamRock Café and Sport in Cambridge. The fun lasts all day, with specials ranging from free yoga classes and snowshoe demos to group bike rides and wine and beer sampling. Lucas Cates will provide live music and there will be door prizes. camorocksport.com
- Sample craft beers and chat with brew masters from local breweries at FestivALE, sponsored by the Arthritis Foundation. Each guest will receive a complimentary pint glass. kintera.org/htmlcontent.asp?cid=644051
- Join the Dairyland Walkers for a Pie Walk; a 5K guided walk through Middleton, followed by a slice of pie! dairylandwalkers.com/walks/
- Celebrate winter’s end by sampling strong and sour brews from over a dozen breweries at Capital Brewery’s Starkbierfest. capitalbrewery.com/Events/Starkbierfest.aspx
- For the third and final installment of the Winter Beer Dinner series, join Stalzy’s at One Barrel Brewing Co. for a four-course meal paired with five One Barrel beers. Must purchase tickets in advance. facebook.com/events/
- Join Full Circle Holistic Veterinary Care to celebrate their Best of Madison win! You can drop by and share a glass of champagne or sparkling juice and have cake and light snacks to celebrate. From 6:30-9pm at Full Circle Holistic Veterinary Care.
Sunday, March 16th:
- Get your green on and keep an eye out for Sean Patrick the Leprechaun at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade around the Capitol Square today. If you’re up to a little walking’ hit up the Shamrock Shuffle race before the parade. stpatsmadison.org
- Don’t miss the last performance of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, a musical adaptation of the beloved children’s book, presented by the Children’s Theater of Madison. ctmtheater.org
Read a review of the play here.
- SloPig, the fourth annual celebration of heritage pigs, takes place at the Madison Club Sunday, featuring a celebrity chef competition, butchery demonstrations, craft beer tastings and more. slopig.com