Published On: Jul 30 2013 02:51:34 PM CDTUpdated On: Oct 27 2015 11:36:53 AM CDT
With Tuesday marking National American Beer Day, check out which states consume the most beer, according to a recent study by Beer Marketer's Insights, a brewing industry trade publisher.
11. Texas: 33.2 gallons of beer per drinking-age adult
10. Mississippi: 33.2 gallons
9. Nebraska: 34.1 gallons
8. Maine: 34.8 gallons
7. Nevada: 34.9 gallons
6. Wisconsin: 35.8 gallons
5. Vermont: 35.9 gallons
4. South Dakota: 38.2 gallons
3. Montana: 40.5 gallons
2. New Hampshire: 42.2 gallons
1. North Dakota: 43.6 gallons. North Dakota residents are the nation's largest beer drinkers, more than doubling the 19.6 gallons per adult consumed in Utah, the U.S. state where residents drank the least beer.
The Scripps National Spelling Bee ended in a tie for the third straight year Thursday night. Take a look at the winning words from this year's competition as well as the other winning words dating back to 2001.