Published On: May 25 2012 11:11:42 AM CDTUpdated On: May 23 2014 07:27:45 AM CDT
Ready for some summer fun? Check out Dr. Beach's top 10 U.S. beaches for 2014.
10. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park (Naples, Fla.)
9. Beachwalker Park (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
8. Coast Guard Beach (Cape Cod, Mass.)
7. Cape Florida State Park (Key Biscayne, Fla.)
6. Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks, N.C.)
5. Hamoa Beach (Maui, Hawaii)
4. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park (Oahu, Hawaii)
3. St. George Island State Park (Florida panhandle)
2. Barefoot Beach (Bonita Springs, Fla.)
1. Kahanamoku Beach Waikiki (Oahu, Hawaii)
For a description of each beach and list of previous winners, check out http://www.drbeach.org/top10beaches.html. The list is compiled by Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, a coastal expert and professor at Florida International University who is better known as Dr. Beach.
A judge overturned Adrian Peterson's suspension from the NFL on Thursday after the running back admitted to using a switch to discipline his 4-year-old son. Here are are some other NFL players who have been in trouble with the law.
The Federal Communications Commission voted 3-2 in favor net neutrality after a debate over whether the Internet should be regulated in the same way as public utilities. Here's what you need to know about net neutrality.
Today marks the third anniversary of Trayvon Martin's death. a Florida jury found George Zimmerman not guilty of Martin's death on July 13, 2013. Take a look at scenes from the courtroom on the day of the verdict.