WISC-TV, News 3 and Channel3000 were honored with 19 awards and the news operation of the year award for medium markets from the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association at the organization's annual gala Saturday.
The following awards were won:
- Social and digital media operation of the year, all markets
- User-generated content, Health care reform forum, first place
- User-generated content, March snow storm live blog, second place
- Best innovation, Google hangouts, second place
- Best use of social media, Channel3000 and WISC-TV social media accounts, second place
- Best online personality, Jessica Arp, first place
- Best online personality, Michelle Li, second place
- Live on-site coverage, Singer arrests live from the Capitol, third place
- Spot news, Four-county crime spree, second place
- News writing, Don Fine's Milestone, first place
- Series/documentary, Cold Case Wisconsin, third place
- Feature, Photographing "That Tree," second place
- Live on-scene reporting, WISC-TV's Dannika Lewis reports, second place
- Best Continuing coverage, Investigating Brayden Turnbill's Death, third place
- Best use of news video, I'm a Skier, first place
- Best use of sports video, Ice Boating, first place
- Best Significant community impact, Build a Better Community Day, third place
- Specialty programming, Inside the Pitch, first place
- Editorial, Mental Health and Guns, first place
The station competed with medium market stations from across the state for the awards honoring work done in 2013.
WISC-TV, News 3 and Channel3000 are owned by Morgan Murphy Media.