Madison
86° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Maintenance man prevents carbon monoxide leak from becoming deadly

Published On: Jun 25 2013 10:37:47 PM CDT   Updated On: Jun 25 2013 10:41:40 PM CDT

Bryce Dale

TOWN OF BLOOMING GROVE, Wis. -

What could have been a deadly carbon monoxide leak was caught Monday night thanks to the rain and a routine inspection.

Bryce Dale, the maintenance manager at the Holiday Apartments in the Town of Blooming Grove said he smelled natural gas and called MG&E while he was getting ready for flooding.

The town’s fire chief said the carbon monoxide levels in the building were dangerously high and Dale probably saved lives.

But Dale says he’s just glad no one was hurt.

“Like I told the owner of the apartment complex out there, his on-site maintenance man is basically a hero,” said Glenn Linzmeier, Blooming Grove fire chief.

“I’m just glad everyone is safe and everything turned out OK and I’m just glad I was, where I was at the time,” said Dale.

The apartment did end up flooding, which has now been fixed.

As for Dale, the complex owner took him out for lunch for all his hard work.

Advertisement
  • Buddy Check 3

    Learn more about Buddy Check and sign up to get a reminder to perform a self-exam and remind your friends to do the same.

  • Cruiser

    Cruiser

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

Advertisement