Madison
62° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Hot ashes in garage lead to fire

Published On: May 25 2014 08:26:27 PM CDT

MADISON, Wis. -

Hot ashes placed in a paper bag and left in a garage lead to a garage fire on Madison's far east side Sunday afternoon.

City of Madison firefighters were sent to the fire at a house on the 700 block of Crest Drive. 

The Madison Fire Department said two people were in the house attached to the garage when they noticed smoke and heard a smoke alarm. When one of the people opened the door between the two buildings, they saw smoke and flames. Both people evacuated the house and called police.

Fire officials said the fire was extinguished quickly. The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to the garage and its contents.


Advertisement
  • American flag hanging down

    Memorial Day by the numbers

    Memorial Day is a time to reflect on those who've died in service to the country while also being widely considered the unofficial start to summer for many Americans. Take a look at the numbers behind the holiday.

  • American flag, soldier's hat, Memorial Day, Veterans Day

    Karen Barefoot/SXC

    Memorial Day: A history in pictures

    As you wrap up the holiday weekend, look back at the history of Memorial Day through old and new images.

  • Misconceptions - Underemployed

    freeimages.com

    Misconceptions about life after college

    Accenture surveyed around 1,000 student who are newly entering the job market for 2016, in addition to those who graduated within the last two years, Yahoo News reports.

    This year overall is looking bright for the class of 2016, but there is data that shows trends new grads shouldn't overlook.

Advertisement