Madison
45° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Home damaged by fire from wood-burning stove

Published On: Mar 14 2014 06:15:54 AM CDT
fire, generic, gen firefighter

JANESVILLE, Wis. -

A Janesville family is displaced after a fire that started in a wood-burning stove.

Firefighters were called to 112 Surrey Lane on Thursday for a report of residential fire.
The occupants were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived and reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the stove.

The woman who owned the home was taken to the hospital because of trouble breathing and chest tightness. She later returned to the scene with family members.

Damage is estimated at $60,000 to the home and $15,000 to its contents.

The homeowners are staying with family in town.

112 Surrey Lane

Advertisement
  • Indiana primary graphic

    CNN

    Presidential election moves to Indiana

    With the number of available delegates dwindling and the parties' national conventions two months away, Indiana's primary is poised to reshape the presidential primary election.

  • Foster Farms chicken nuggets

    USDA FSIS via CNN

    Notable recalls of 2016

    Several major product recalls have been reported in the United States in 2016. Check our list to see if you could be affected.

  • blue neon hotel vacancy sign

    kd kelly/SXC

    7 deadly sins for hotels

    Hair on the bathroom floor is gross, even when it's your own. It's one of those little things that turns happy travelers into disgruntled hotel guests. Check out the seven deadly sins to hoteliers.

Advertisement