Madison
65° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Fire destroys restaurant in Dells

Published On: Mar 01 2014 01:23:25 PM CST   Updated On: Mar 01 2014 01:58:26 PM CST
fire, generic, gen firefighter

WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. -

A restaurant in the Dells is being called a total loss after a fire early Saturday morning.

According to the Kilbourn Fire Department -- which serves the city of Wisconsin Dells -- the fire at Moe's restaurant on the Chula Vista golf course was reported around 6:20 a.m. It took crews 30 minutes to get the flames under control.

"It was quite extensive," said KFD Capt. Joel Hammerly. "It took us about 2 hours to really get everything overhauled, and (to) dig through everything and get to all the hot spots."

Hammerly added the roof had partially collapsed. The fire is believed to have started in the fireplace or in the chimney.

No one was hurt in the fire. Hammerly said the golf course is closed during the winter; the restaurant is open for the season but was empty at the time of the fire.

Kilbourn crews were assisted by Delton, Oxford and Baraboo fire departments.

Advertisement
  • Buddy Check 3

    Learn more about Buddy Check and sign up to get a reminder to perform a self-exam and remind your friends to do the same.

  • Cruiser

    Cruiser

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

Advertisement