43° F

Storage of spent fireworks suspected in Town of Beloit blaze

Published On: Jul 05 2013 07:56:31 AM CDT   Updated On: Jul 05 2013 08:34:40 AM CDT
fire, generic, gen firefighter


A fire in the town of Beloit early Friday morning may have been caused by the storage of spent fireworks, according to the Town of Beloit Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the blaze just after 3 a.m. Friday in a garage at 429 Powers in the town of Beloit. When they got there, firefighters found a two car garage fully involved.

The fire was quickly put out. Fire officials estimate the fire caused $10,000 in damage.

Fire officials said there was minor heat damage to the residence and a neighboring home. No one was injured in the blaze.

  • World Series Game 1 Progressive Field wide shot

    Jason Miller/Getty Images

    2016 World Series: Cubs even things up

    The 2016 World Series started Oct. 25, at Progressive Field in Cleveland, with the National League champion Chicago Cubs and the American League champion Cleveland Indians.

  • PHOTOS: Vilas Zoo announces new holiday lights exhibit

    The Henry Vilas Zoo will light up nights this holiday season with its new Zoo Lights event. The Zoo Lights exhibit will offer zoo-goers a stroll down Candy Cane Lane with festive lights and sounds. Zoo organizers announced the Zoo Light exhibit Wednesday and said thousands of lights will transform the zoo into a winter wonderland Nov. 25-Jan. 1.

    Admission is $7 and Zoo Lights will run Thursdays through Sundays beginning at 5:30 p.m.

  • Takata air bag recall by the numbers - blurb

    Joe Raedle/Getty Images

    Takata air bag recall by the numbers

    Millions of cars have been recalled due to defective Takata air bags across the world. One in every 10 cars in the U.S. is affected by the recall, Automotive News reports. The publication is calling this the "recall of the century," as up to 90 million more recalls are possible.