Madison
53° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Storage of spent fireworks suspected in Town of Beloit blaze

Published On: Jul 05 2013 07:56:31 AM CDT   Updated On: Jul 05 2013 08:34:40 AM CDT
fire, generic, gen firefighter

TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. -

A fire in the town of Beloit early Friday morning may have been caused by the storage of spent fireworks, according to the Town of Beloit Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the blaze just after 3 a.m. Friday in a garage at 429 Powers in the town of Beloit. When they got there, firefighters found a two car garage fully involved.

The fire was quickly put out. Fire officials estimate the fire caused $10,000 in damage.

Fire officials said there was minor heat damage to the residence and a neighboring home. No one was injured in the blaze.

Advertisement
  • Buddy Check 3

    Learn more about Buddy Check and sign up to get a reminder to perform a self-exam and remind your friends to do the same.

  • Cruiser

    Cruiser

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

Advertisement