Madison
77° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

East side kitchen fire causes $5,000 damage

Published On: Mar 04 2014 06:43:45 AM CST

MADISON, Wis. -

No one was injured early Tuesday morning after a kitchen fire caused approximately $5,000 in damage to a duplex on Madison's east side.

Firefighters were sent to a home in the 1300 block of South Thompson Drive just after midnight Tuesday.

When firefighters arrived, they found that a pan of oil caught fire on a stove top. A firefighter used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze, while residents of the duplex evacuated the complex.

Firefighters made sure the fire was out and smoke was ventilated out of the home before leaving. 

Advertisement
  • Buddy Check 3

    Learn more about Buddy Check and sign up to get a reminder to perform a self-exam and remind your friends to do the same.

  • Jack in Madison

    Jack in Madison

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

Advertisement