Madison
47° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Dog reaching for treats sparks house fire

Published On: Dec 24 2013 12:22:44 PM CST
Updated On: Oct 28 2013 07:58:33 AM CDT
Hunting dog

A dog reaching for treats on top of a stove sparked an apartment fire in Washington, fire officials said.

It appears the black Labrador was trying to get at a bag of dog food when it accidentally turned the stove on with its paw, Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple told KPQ radio.

The dog's owners weren't home at the time.

Firefighters were able to rescue the pooch, but had to revive the animal using snout-to-mouth resuscitation, according to KPQ.

Damages are estimated at $10,000.

Advertisement
  • jack-o-lantern Halloween pumpkin

    Juliet James/SXC

    Halloween

    Games, recipes, trick-or-treating, scary movies and everything else you need to make your Halloween extra spooky.

  • Politician, politics, debate, election

    iStock / bns124

    Election Coverage

    Get up-to-date on political stories, Reality Check the latest political ads, learn about the candidates and find election results in our special section.

  • Ebola virus pink

    CDC

    Ebola special coverage

    Get the latest news on the Ebola outbreak and resources to help you learn more about the deadly virus.

Advertisement