Madison
76° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Beloit Fire Department extinguishes two blazes

Published On: Feb 07 2014 07:11:45 AM CST
BELOIT, Wis. -

Beloit firefighters have been called out to battle two blazes at homes in the city over the past 24 hours.

The first fire happened in the 1800 block of Arrowhead drive Thursday morning.

Fire officials said that fire happened after a bathroom ceiling heat lamp overheated, ignitiing insulation materials in the ceiling and attic.

Officials estimate the blaze caused more than $15,000 in damage to the home.

The second blaze occured early Friday morning in the 900 block of Kenwood Avenue.

All 7 residents of the home got out safely after they were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector.

Officials said the fire was caused when an overheated extension cord leading to a space heater ignited some bedding materials.

The fire caused significant damage to the basement and first floor of the home, Fire officials estimate the blaze caused $40,000 in damage to the home.

Red Cross officials are helping the family with emergency housing.

Advertisement
  • Buddy Check 3

    Learn more about Buddy Check and sign up to get a reminder to perform a self-exam and remind your friends to do the same.

  • Cruiser

    Cruiser

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

Advertisement