Madison
50° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Restaurant serves booze to toddler

Published On: Oct 12 2012 09:22:02 AM CDT
Updated On: Oct 12 2012 04:27:01 PM CDT
Whiskey, bourbon

iStockPhoto / peepo

A restaurant in Wales is apologizing after accidentally serving whiskey to a 2-year-old.

Sonny Rees had to be taken to the emergency room after imbibing the booze at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea, BBC News reported.

His mother tasted the boy's drink after he was making funny faces and said he was clearly intoxicated.

Sonny was monitored for a while at the hospital and later given the all clear, The Associated Press reported.

Frankie and Benny's called it a case of human error and told the BBC it was looking at what systems need to be put in place so that something similar doesn't happen again.

Advertisement
  • jack-o-lantern Halloween pumpkin

    Juliet James/SXC

    Halloween

    Games, recipes, trick-or-treating, scary movies and everything else you need to make your Halloween extra spooky.

  • Politician, politics, debate, election

    iStock / bns124

    Election Coverage

    Get up-to-date on political stories, Reality Check the latest political ads, learn about the candidates and find election results in our special section.

  • Ebola virus pink

    CDC

    Ebola special coverage

    Get the latest news on the Ebola outbreak and resources to help you learn more about the deadly virus.

Advertisement