Madison
47° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Family displaced after Sunday fire

Published On: Dec 09 2012 09:23:40 PM CST   Updated On: Dec 10 2012 10:22:15 AM CST
MADISON, Wis. -

A family is displaced Sunday night after a fire ripped through their Madison home.

Madison fire authorities said a fire started in the garage of a house at 121 High Point Road. The fire destroyed two cars and caused heat and smoke damage throughout the house.

Two people were home when the fire started at around 7:40 p.m. Authorities said they escaped safely and are staying with friends overnight.

Authorities said there does not appear to be a lot of structural damage, but damage estimates are around $100,000.

Authorities are investigating what sparked the fire.

Advertisement
  • Rick Blum

    PHOTOS: Shredfest 2016

    The free ShredFest event Saturday offers anyone with documents containing personal information to shred up to three bags. Destroying documents is one way to protect one's identity and thwart fraudsters.

    Two Madison locations from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday:

    SVA Certified Public Accountants, 1221 John Q Hammons Dr.
    and Warner Park, 2930 N. Sherman Ave.

  • Kate Middleton, Prince William, wedding day

    CNN

    William and Kate celebrate 5th anniversary

    Prince William and Kate Middleton celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary on April 29. Here's a look back at the headlines from around the world when the royal couple announced the birth of Prince George, the heir to the throne.

Advertisement