Madison
41° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

7-year-old boy injured in Milwaukee house fire

Published On: Feb 16 2013 12:42:29 PM CST   Updated On: Feb 17 2013 12:00:35 AM CST

MILWAUKEE -

A 7-year-old boy is seriously injured after a house fire in Milwaukee.

Deputy Chief Jack Christianson of the Milwaukee Fire Department, said the boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to a local hospital.

Fire officials said there were no smoke detectors in the house when the blaze broke out around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.

Police Capt. Eric Moore said a motorist alerted rescuers after seeing smoke coming from the home.

He said the boy's grandfather who lives in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the 7-year-old was still upstairs. Firefighters then rescued the boy.

Moore said he was in critical condition Saturday night.

He said the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.

Advertisement
  • SkyCam Network

    Check out live views of the area from our SkyCam Network.

  • Cruiser

    Cruiser

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

  • Join the News 3 Call For Action team

    An award-winning nonprofit that helps consumers solve problems is looking for volunteers in the Madison area.

Advertisement