The oil and gas boom is shifting population growth in the U.S., according to new census figures. Here's a look at the 10 fastest-growing metro areas from July 2011 to July 2012.
10. Manhattan, Kan. (2.8 percent population increase)
9. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. (2.9 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Austin, Texas (3 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Casper, Wyo. (3 percent population increase
6. Jacksonville, N.C. (3.3 percent population increase)
5. (tie) Odessa, Texas (3.4 percent population increase)
5. (tie) The Villages, Fla. (3.4 percent population increase)
3. Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla. (3.6 percent population increase)
2. Clarksville, Tenn.-Ky. (3.7 percent population increase)
1. Midland, Texas (4.6 percent population increase)
Gas and oil boomtowns also dominated the list of the 10 fastest-growing micro areas in the U.S. They include Williston and Dickinson, N.D.; Andrews, Texas; Elk City, Okla.; and Vernal, Utah.
The crash of Virgin Galactic's SpaceshipTwo is just one example of space disasters through the years.
Evie Kulis is excited to go Trick-or-Treating with her cousins this year! She'll be Sophie la Giraffe!
How are you dressing up for Halloween? Submit a photo and share with us.
The successful hunt for accused cop killer Eric Frein joins the ranks of other high-profile manhunts in U.S. history.
Games, recipes, trick-or-treating, scary movies and everything else you need to make your Halloween extra spooky.
iStock / bns124
Get up-to-date on political stories, Reality Check the latest political ads, learn about the candidates and find election results in our special section.
Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.