Published On: Nov 28 2012 10:21:40 AM CSTUpdated On: Jul 28 2016 09:39:36 AM CDT
After Wednesday night's Powerball drawing didn't produce a winner, Saturday's jackpot is now up to $478 million. Click on to see where that falls among the top 10 all-time U.S. lottery jackpots.
10. $429.6 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2016 by one ticket sold at a 7-Eleven in Trenton, New Jersey.
9. $448.4 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
8. $478 million (Powerball) -- The drawing will take place Saturday, July 30, which will be the 24th drawing since the last Powerball winner on May 7.
7. $540 million (Mega Millions) -- Won July 8, 2016, by one ticket in Indiana.
6. $564 million -- (Powerball) The Feb. 11, 2015, Powerball jackpot jumped from $500 million the afternoon of the drawing to an estimated $564 million by the time the numbers were chosen. The numbers drawn were 25, 11, 54, 13, 39 - Powerball: 19. The winning jackpot tickets were sold in North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico, said Alex Traverso, California Lottery spokesman.
5. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
4. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
3. $648 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
2. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland.
1. $1.586 billion (Powerball) -- Won in January 2016 by three tickets purchased in California, Florida and Tennessee. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.