Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
10. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Walmart Stores Inc founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $34.8 billion.
9. Alice Walton (pictured with brothers Rob and Jim) -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
iStock / MartiSaiz
Need to work off that Thanksgiving dinner? Check out Self magazine's list of easy ways to burn 100 calories.
A storm is set to dump rain and snow across most of the eastern U.S. -- just in time to wreak havoc on Thanksgiving travel. Follow these tips from CNN for (hopefully) calm travels this holiday.
The holidays are all about food, but there are some goodies you need to keep away from pets.
Both bucks were chasing same doe
Did you have a successful deer hunt? Check out our gallery and share a photo of your trophy deer for everyone else to see.
Looking south from Paradise Visitor Center on Mt Rainier.
Did you go somewhere warm or exciting for your vacation? Share a photo with us!
Last boat outing with lunch in front of the Terrace!
Share a picture that shows us why you love Madison.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.