Madison
56° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Maintenance man prevents carbon monoxide leak from becoming deadly

Published On: Jun 25 2013 10:37:47 PM CDT
Updated On: Jun 25 2013 10:41:40 PM CDT

Bryce Dale

TOWN OF BLOOMING GROVE, Wis. -

What could have been a deadly carbon monoxide leak was caught Monday night thanks to the rain and a routine inspection.

Bryce Dale, the maintenance manager at the Holiday Apartments in the Town of Blooming Grove said he smelled natural gas and called MG&E while he was getting ready for flooding.

The town’s fire chief said the carbon monoxide levels in the building were dangerously high and Dale probably saved lives.

But Dale says he’s just glad no one was hurt.

“Like I told the owner of the apartment complex out there, his on-site maintenance man is basically a hero,” said Glenn Linzmeier, Blooming Grove fire chief.

“I’m just glad everyone is safe and everything turned out OK and I’m just glad I was, where I was at the time,” said Dale.

The apartment did end up flooding, which has now been fixed.

As for Dale, the complex owner took him out for lunch for all his hard work.

Advertisement
  • C3K-EVENTS

    Events calendar

    Looking for something to do? Visit Channel 3000's events section featuring dining, food, music and family-friendly events throughout Madison and the surrounding area.

  • Get your weather app

    Channel3000.com and WISC-TV3 deliver local forecasts, live radar, school closings and alerts for Madison and South Central Wisconsin to iOS or Android devices.

  • Learn more about WISC-TV

    Meet the News 3 staff, learn about our newscasts, search our job postings and find out how to contact us.

Advertisement