Madison
55° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Kitchen fire causes $40,000 in damage

Published On: May 26 2014 07:34:56 PM CDT

MADISON, Wis. -

A pot of oil started a fire in a Madison house Monday afternoon, according to the Madison Fire Department.

The fire was quickly put out at a single-family home on the 3400 block of Richard Street. 

Authorities said the resident put a pot of oil on the stove and left the kitchen to close windows, due to an incoming storm. When the resident returned, smoke had filled the kitchen.

Fire crews extinguished the fire within two minutes of arriving and saved three cats.

Damages are estimated at $40,000. No injuries were reported.

Advertisement
  • Testing for Ebola

    REUTERS/Misha Hussain

    Common myths about Ebola

    The first U.S. case of Ebola has been diagnosed in Texas. But before you panic, take a look at common myths about the deadly virus.

  • Ebola virus pink

    CDC

    What to know: Ebola

    Ebola has come to the United States, with the first domestic case diagnosed in Texas. Learn more about this deadly disease and its symptoms.

  • Hong Kong protests

    CNN

    Hong Kong protesters jam city streets

    Thousands of pro-democracy protesters are camped out on major highways in the heart of Hong Kong, defying government attempts to both coerce and cajole them into giving up their extraordinary demonstration.

Advertisement