Madison
50° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Advertisement

Hot ashes in garage lead to fire

Published On: May 25 2014 08:26:27 PM CDT

MADISON, Wis. -

Hot ashes placed in a paper bag and left in a garage lead to a garage fire on Madison's far east side Sunday afternoon.

City of Madison firefighters were sent to the fire at a house on the 700 block of Crest Drive. 

The Madison Fire Department said two people were in the house attached to the garage when they noticed smoke and heard a smoke alarm. When one of the people opened the door between the two buildings, they saw smoke and flames. Both people evacuated the house and called police.

Fire officials said the fire was extinguished quickly. The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to the garage and its contents.


Advertisement
Advertisement