Madison
49° F
Mist
Mist
Advertisement

Home damaged by fire from wood-burning stove

Published On: Mar 14 2014 06:15:54 AM CDT

JANESVILLE, Wis. -

A Janesville family is displaced after a fire that started in a wood-burning stove.

Firefighters were called to 112 Surrey Lane on Thursday for a report of residential fire.
The occupants were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived and reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the stove.

The woman who owned the home was taken to the hospital because of trouble breathing and chest tightness. She later returned to the scene with family members.

Damage is estimated at $60,000 to the home and $15,000 to its contents.

The homeowners are staying with family in town.

Advertisement
  • jack-o-lantern Halloween pumpkin

    Juliet James/SXC

    Halloween

    Games, recipes, trick-or-treating, scary movies and everything else you need to make your Halloween extra spooky.

  • Politician, politics, debate, election

    iStock / bns124

    Election Coverage

    Get up-to-date on political stories, Reality Check the latest political ads, learn about the candidates and find election results in our special section.

  • Ebola virus pink

    CDC

    Ebola special coverage

    Get the latest news on the Ebola outbreak and resources to help you learn more about the deadly virus.

Advertisement