Madison
32° F
Light Snow
Light Snow
Advertisement

Storage of spent fireworks suspected in Town of Beloit blaze

Published On: Jul 05 2013 07:56:31 AM CDT
Updated On: Jul 05 2013 08:34:40 AM CDT

TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. -

A fire in the town of Beloit early Friday morning may have been caused by the storage of spent fireworks, according to the Town of Beloit Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the blaze just after 3 a.m. Friday in a garage at 429 Powers in the town of Beloit. When they got there, firefighters found a two car garage fully involved.

The fire was quickly put out. Fire officials estimate the fire caused $10,000 in damage.

Fire officials said there was minor heat damage to the residence and a neighboring home. No one was injured in the blaze.

Advertisement
  • jack-o-lantern Halloween pumpkin

    Juliet James/SXC

    Halloween

    Games, recipes, trick-or-treating, scary movies and everything else you need to make your Halloween extra spooky.

  • Politician, politics, debate, election

    iStock / bns124

    Election Coverage

    Get up-to-date on political stories, Reality Check the latest political ads, learn about the candidates and find election results in our special section.

  • Ebola virus pink

    CDC

    Ebola special coverage

    Get the latest news on the Ebola outbreak and resources to help you learn more about the deadly virus.

Advertisement