Madison
25° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Fatal fire ruled accidental

Published On: Mar 19 2014 09:51:26 AM CDT
Updated On: Mar 19 2014 03:16:00 PM CDT

Fatal fire in the 1900 block of Fairview Drive, Beloit

BELOIT, Wis. -

A fire that killed two people and hospitalized another in Beloit was accidental, according to the Beloit Fire Department.

Fire officials said the March 5 fire at 1950 Fairview Drive started in the dining room in the rear of the home, and could have been started by different items, including a ceiling light fixture, wiring associated with the light fixture, light bulbs or a humidifier. They have not determined which item might have caused the fire.

There were two battery-operated smoke detectors in the home, one in the basement and one on the main level of the home, authorities said.

Clint Christensen, 61, and Jamie Christensen, 33, died in the fire. Caren Christensen, 60, was treated and released from University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice is investigating, along with the state fire marshall.

As many as 30 firefighters were at the scene.

Advertisement
  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

  • Learn more about WISC-TV

    Meet the News 3 staff, learn about our newscasts, search our job postings and find out how to contact us.

  • Chopper in Janesville

    Chopper in Janesville

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

Advertisement