The competition for the coveted honor of hit song of the summer was tight this year, but "Fancy" came out on top, according to Billboard.com.
Billboard.com compiled the summer's most popular songs across all genres, based on cumulative performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100 chart from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Rankings are determined by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data as compiled by Nielsen and streaming activity data from online music sources tracked by Nielsen BDS. Take a look at the songs that lost out on being named the song of the summer.
10. "Summer" by Calvin Harris
9. "Happy" by Pharrell Williams
8. "Stay with me" by Sam Smith
7. "Turn down for what" by DJ Snake and Lil Jon
6. "Wiggle" by Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg
5. "Am I wrong" by Nico and Vinz
4. "All of me" by John Legend
3. "Rude" by Magic!
2. "Problem" by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea
1. "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX was the winner. For the fourteen weeks of summer than are included in Billboard's Song of the Summer chart, "Fancy" was in the top five for thirteen of them, only dipping out for the last week.
To read more about 2014's songs of the summer, click here.
Matthew Todd Miller, a 24-year-old from California, has been convicted of "acts hostile" to North Korea and sentenced to six years of hard labor. Learn more about the three Americans currently being detained in North Korea.