This is a great way to enjoy your egg salad with less eggs. Add chopped firm tofu. It really tastes just like regular egg salad. Adding tofu will make your salad lower in fat, lower in cholesterol and you will save a few calories.
Season the mayonnaise dressing to suit your taste.
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped
- 1 box (12 ounces) lite silken firm tofu
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, place chopped tofu, hard boiled eggs, celery, and green onions. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Combine dressing and egg mixture. Stir gently to mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (serves 6):
Fat, gm.: 5
Protein, gm.: 7
Carbs, gm.: 4
Cholesterol, mg.: 130
Fiber, gm.: 0.4