U.S. News & World Report evaluated more than 21,000 public high schools in 49 states and the District of Columbia to compile its annual list of the best U.S. high schools. Awards were based on state proficiency standards and how well the schools prepare students for college. Here are the Top 15:
15. International Studies Charter High School (Miami)
14. Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School (Dallas)
13. Maine School of Science and Mathematics (Limestone, Maine)
12. High Technology High School (Lincroft, N.J.)
11. Pacific Collegiate School (Santa Cruz, Calif.)
10. Academic Magnet High School (North Charleston, S.C.)
9. International School (Bellevue, Wash.)
8. Biotechnology High School (Freehold, N.J.)
7. Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School (Montgomery, Ala.)
6. Pine View School (Osprey, Fla.)
5. BASIS Scottsdale (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
4. Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Alexandria, Va.)
3. Gwinnett School of Mathetmatics, Science and Technology (Lawrenceville, Ga.)
2. BASIS Tucson (Tucson, Ariz.)
1. School for the Talented and Gifted (Dallas)
Click here for the full report and state-by-state rankings from U.S. News & World Report.
Matthew Todd Miller, a 24-year-old from California, has been convicted of "acts hostile" to North Korea and sentenced to six years of hard labor. Learn more about the three Americans currently being detained in North Korea.
At least eight Ebola aid workers and journalists were reportedly murdered in a remote village in Guinea in a brutal example of growing distrust locals have of foreigners coming to help stem the mushrooming health crisis. Take a look at common myths about the deadly virus.