U.S. News & World Report evaluated more than 21,000 public high schools in 49 states and the District of Columbia to compile its annual list of the best U.S. high schools. Awards were based on state proficiency standards and how well the schools prepare students for college. Here are the Top 15:
15. International Studies Charter High School (Miami)
14. Irma Lerma Rangel Young Women's Leadership School (Dallas)
13. Maine School of Science and Mathematics (Limestone, Maine)
12. High Technology High School (Lincroft, N.J.)
11. Pacific Collegiate School (Santa Cruz, Calif.)
10. Academic Magnet High School (North Charleston, S.C.)
9. International School (Bellevue, Wash.)
8. Biotechnology High School (Freehold, N.J.)
7. Loveless Academic Magnet Program High School (Montgomery, Ala.)
6. Pine View School (Osprey, Fla.)
5. BASIS Scottsdale (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
4. Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Alexandria, Va.)
3. Gwinnett School of Mathetmatics, Science and Technology (Lawrenceville, Ga.)
2. BASIS Tucson (Tucson, Ariz.)
1. School for the Talented and Gifted (Dallas)
Click here for the full report and state-by-state rankings from U.S. News & World Report.
The alleged botched execution of Arizona prison inmate Joseph Wood has put capital punishment -- specifically, the manner in which criminals are executed -- back in the spotlight. Take a look at the history of the death penalty in America.
Pope Francis is coming to the U.S. in Sept., to head the eighth World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, according to the National Catholic Reporter. Take a look at the many reasons why Pope Francis is cool.
It seems that residents of Louisiana are some of the happiest people in the country, and New Yorkers remain some of the unhappiest, according to a new report. Take a look at the happiest - and unhappiest - U.S. cities.