Donna's Red White & Blue Salsa
Updated On: Jul 25 2013 06:41:21 PM CDT
This is a great salsa to use on the 4th of July but it can be served any time for a colorful topping on chicken or pork.
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/2 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. Chop remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries and add to the bowl. Add red pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, vinegar, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate. This will keep for several days.
When ready to serve, add fresh parsley and mint.
Nutritional information per serving:
- Calories: 45
- Fat, gm.: 0
- Protein, gm.: 1.5
- Carbs, gm.: 10
- Cholesterol, mg.: 0
- Fiber, gm.: 1.9
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.