Communities ask residents to keep water running
Updated On: Feb 21 2014 11:51:46 AM CST
Extended cold weather is causing problems for municipal water systems.
Here is a list of communities asking residents to run water to avoid frozen laterals.
- Cottage Grove (all customers should run cold water full stream five minutes at least 5-6 times a day)
- Fitchburg (selected streets, residents are being informed via mail)
- Hazel Green
- Janesville (specific blocks are being asked to run water, to be eligible for credit on water bill residents must contact the Water Utility at 608-755-3115)
- New Lisbon
- Oregon (if water temps drop to 34-35 degrees, officials ask residents to run pencil-sized stream of water until further notice)
- Prairie du Sac (contact utility if water temperature is below 38 degrees)
- Sauk City (contact utility if water temperature is below 38 degrees)
- Sun Prairie
Copyright 2014 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.