Tuna Melt Sandwiches
Updated On: Nov 29 2011 04:51:46 AM CST
- 1 can (12 ounces or larger) light tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise, mayo-style salad dressing or plain yogurt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. onion, chopped fine (optional)
- 4-5 slices whole-wheat bread (or 2 split English muffins)
- 4-5 slices cheddar cheese
Mix tuna, mayo, onion (if desired) and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Preheat broiler.* Lightly toast the bread. Heat the tuna salad mixture in the microwave (about 2 minutes on 50% power). Place the warm bread slices on a broiler pan (lined with foil for easy cleanup). While the toasted bread is still warm, top each slice with equal amounts of the warm tuna salad mixture and put a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Broil until the cheese is melted (watch carefully so it doesn?t burn).
*Note: If you prefer, you can heat these sandwiches in a hot oven (400 degrees) or toaster oven instead of a broiler.
Copyright 2012 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.