Madison
27° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Sprinkler stops fire at senior living facility

Published On: Feb 21 2013 07:39:20 AM CST

MADISON, Wis. -

A sprinkler at an east side senior living facility helped prevent a major fire from happening at the facility Wednesday night, according to the Madison fire department.

Firefighters were called to the Trinity Senior Community facility in the 550 block of Burke Road just before 8 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the fire department, firefighters found a haze of smoke in the hallway when they arrived. But they also found an activated sprinkler head that helped keep the flames in check until firefighters arrived.

Fire officials estimate the blaze did around $4500 in property damage to the facility. However, all residents were escorted into another building while firefighters battled the blaze, and they were all allowed back into their rooms after the fire was extinguished.

Advertisement
Advertisement