Learn How To Sign Up For Free C3K To Go Podcasts
Updated On: May 23 2006 02:14:02 AM CDT
What Is A Podcast?
Podcasts are MP3 audio programs that are available to be downloaded onto your computer and transferred to an iPod or any portable media device that supports MP3s. They can also be played right on your computer. WISC-TV is one of the first TV stations in the country to offer podcasts.
How Do I Get Free Podcasts?
First, you will need to have a version of iTunes on your computer. This free music player, which works with both Windows and Apple machines, can be downloaded at Apple.com. The newer versions have an integrated podcast directory included.
1. Go to C3KToGo.com.
2. Click on the "Videos Updated Daily!" graphic at the top; this will open the video player.
3. Once the video player is open, click on the "Podcasts" link at right end of the Menu Bar (directly under the video player screen).
4. Click on the link to the podcasts categories you are interested in. For example, click on the Sports link to subscribe to the Sports audio podcast.
5. Clicking on a category will open iTunes to the iTunes Store of the category your selected. The podcast store will display a list of all the available files for you to download.
6. Click on the "Subscribe" link to subscribe to the podcast; you'll the get latest audio and video from that category automatically downloaded to your iTunes player every time it's available.
7. By clicking on a category link in the Podcast section of the video player, you'll also be able to browse older stories and podcasts.
Or, you can view the C3K podcasts by opening the iTunes music store and doing a search for "C3K to Go." This will display a list of our different podcast categories available.
You can manage all your C3K to Go podcasts by clicking on "Podcasts" link under the "Source" heading in your iTunes player.
After you've downloaded a program, you'll be asked to enter a URL to subscribe to the podcast feed. In order to subscribe to an individual WISC-TV News Podcast, enter the following URL: http://www.channel3000.com/podcast/topstory.rss
After the download is complete, the individual podcasts will appear on your computer as MP3 files. You can listen directly on your computer or load them onto your portable music player. Once you've downloaded a podcast program, the entire process of receiving the latest podcast should take less than a minute.
Copyright 2012 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.