House destroyed by chimney fire
Updated On: Feb 22 2013 04:04:28 PM CST
A chimney fire is being blamed for starting a fire that destroyed an Adams County home Friday.
A person called 911 and reported the home at 2543 State Highway 13 in Easton Township on fire at 7:35 a.m., according to deputies.
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office said the owners were not home at the time of the fire. A pet died.
The home has been deemed a total loss. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The fire remains under investigation.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.