Madison
82° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Family displaced after Sunday fire

Published On: Dec 09 2012 09:23:40 PM CST
Updated On: Dec 10 2012 10:22:15 AM CST
MADISON, Wis. -

A family is displaced Sunday night after a fire ripped through their Madison home.

Madison fire authorities said a fire started in the garage of a house at 121 High Point Road. The fire destroyed two cars and caused heat and smoke damage throughout the house.

Two people were home when the fire started at around 7:40 p.m. Authorities said they escaped safely and are staying with friends overnight.

Authorities said there does not appear to be a lot of structural damage, but damage estimates are around $100,000.

Authorities are investigating what sparked the fire.

Advertisement
  • Get your weather app

    Channel3000.com and WISC-TV3 deliver local forecasts, live radar, school closings and alerts for Madison and South Central Wisconsin to iOS or Android devices.

  • Learn more about WISC-TV

    Meet the News 3 staff, learn about our newscasts, search our job postings and find out how to contact us.

  • Jake & Duke DeForest

    Jake & Duke DeForest

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

Advertisement