Madison
50° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Candle cause of fire that killed 3 children

Published On: Nov 12 2012 02:56:30 PM CST
RACINE, Wis. -

Authorities said a candle in a bathroom apparently caused a Racine house fire last week that killed three children and injured a fourth.

Racine police released that update Monday.

Eight-year-old Dalijah Scott and 9-year-old Dayja Scott died Thursday when their house caught fire. Their brother, 7-year-old Michael Scott, died later in the hospital.

The children's 5-year-old brother, Luther Patterson, was hospitalized.

Authorities on Monday also released audio from the 911 call from the children's mother.

In the 911 call, Deborah Scott tells the dispatcher, "Someone come get my kids. My house is on fire. They are crying like crazy. I cannot get my kids out."

The Journal Times reported Scott said she could see flames but that the window where the children were located doesn't open.

Advertisement
  • jack-o-lantern Halloween pumpkin

    Juliet James/SXC

    Halloween

    Games, recipes, trick-or-treating, scary movies and everything else you need to make your Halloween extra spooky.

  • Politician, politics, debate, election

    iStock / bns124

    Election Coverage

    Get up-to-date on political stories, Reality Check the latest political ads, learn about the candidates and find election results in our special section.

  • Ebola virus pink

    CDC

    Ebola special coverage

    Get the latest news on the Ebola outbreak and resources to help you learn more about the deadly virus.

Advertisement