Busy Day Chili
Updated On: Nov 29 2011 04:46:09 AM CST
- ¾ pound ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounces or larger) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
Brown the meat in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Discard any fat that accumulates on the bottom of the pan. Add chopped onion and peppers and sauté until the onions are soft (about 10 minutes). Add seasonings, tomatoes and beans. Add water if the mixture is too thick. Add additional seasonings (ground black pepper, garlic powder, and/or chili powder) to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer until flavors are blended -- about 5 minutes.
Copyright 2012 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.