Consumer Reports’ National Research Center asked 895 Americans to rate the 20 most annoying drivers and driving habits. Here are the results, ranked on a scale of 1-10.
20. Turning radio volume up very high: 5.7
19. Bicyclists who don't let you by: 5.8
18. Not moving forward when the light turns green: 6.1
17. Slow drivers not pulling over when given the chance: 6.5
16. Drivers being indecisive about a turn: 6.6
15. Not turning on lights in bad conditions: 6.8
14. Slowing down to look at accidents: 7.0
13. Excessive horn honking: 7.1
12. Jaywalkers stepping into traffic: 7.3
11. Slow drivers in the passing lane: 7.3
10. Not using turn signals: 7.5
9. Leaving high beams on when another car approaches: 7.6
8. Not letting someone else merge: 7.6
7. Talking on cell phone while driving: 7.6
6. Parking in two spaces instead of one: 7.7
5. Swerving in and out of traffic and speeding: 8.2
4. Drivers that cut off others: 8.3
3. Tailgating (following too closely): 8.4
2. Parking in handicapped spaces when able-bodied: 8.7
1. Texting while driving: 8.9
Tuesday night marks National Night Out. In honor of the annual community-building event, take a look at which U.S. cities feel the safest to their residents.
Jason Kempin/Getty Images
Breaking up is hard to do, even for celebrities. Take a look at the notable celebrity splits of 2015.
Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
California firefighters are busy battling the Rocky Fire, a wildfire northwest of Sacramento that had already incinerated 54,000 acres as of Sunday night.
PHOTO BY BILL LUBING
Ah, how we've missed that view.
Keep up-to-date on what's going on in our area and find ideas for fun ways to take part in the community.
Check out live views of the area from our SkyCam Network.
An award-winning nonprofit that helps consumers solve problems is looking for volunteers in the Madison area.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.