From "greenest" to happiest to safest, Self magazine scoured the country to find the healthiest spots for women.
25. Denver-Aurora, Colo. -- An estimated 79 percent of the women in this area get exercise. It also scored high for clear air and water.
24. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, Calif. -- Healthy eating habits, safe roads and high seat belt usage earned this area high marks.
23. Sioux Falls, S.D. -- Excellent mental health and clean air are reported in this South Dakota city.
22. Madison, Wis. -- Women in Wisconsin's capital city generally have good sleep habits and are at low risk for heart disease.
21. Rockingham-Strafford Counties, N.H. -- Farmers markets abound in this scenic area of New Hampshire. Good cancer screening habits are also reported.
20. Tucson, Ariz. -- This city is known for its clean environment, and women tend to eat healthy here.
19. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, N.Y. -- This area has a clean environment and is ranked low in allergies and asthma.
18. Santa Rosa-Petaluma, Calif. -- Eighty-eight percent of women here got recent exercise. The area is also home to many parks.
17. Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, Conn. -- This area is home to good cancer screenings and has lots of gyms per capita.
16. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Conn. -- This area has some of the lowest asthma rates in the country and is home to many parks.
15. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash. -- Eight-two percent of women here got recent exercise, and many commuters bike and walk to work.
14. Washington, D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va. -- Women here have healthy eating habits and enjoy below-average unemployment.
13. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif. -- Healthy eating habits abound here, as do low allergy rates.
12. Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine, Calif. -- This area is home to low rates of rape and other crimes as well as healthy eating habits.
11. Santa Barbara-Santa Maria, Calif. -- This area has a long life expectancy and great sleep habits.
10. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif. -- Eighty-one percent of women here got recent exercise. The area also has low cancer rates.
9. Burlington-South Burlington, Vt. -- There are five times more farmers markets here than average, as well as clean air and water.
8. Fargo, N.D. -- Excellent mental health is reported among women here, as is a long life expectancy.
7. Honolulu -- This city has the longest life expectancy for women, as well as healthy eating habits.
6. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, Ore. -- This area has 73 percent more gyms than average and a low rate of sexually transmitted diseases.
5. Boston-Quincy, Mass. -- There are 114 percent more doctors than average here, and many commuters bike, walk or use mass transit.
4. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn. -- This area is home to low rates of heart disease and excellent mental health.
3. San Francisco-Oakland, Calif. -- Eighty-three percent of women here got recent exercise. Healthy eating habits are also common.
2. Bethesda-Gaithersburg-Frederick, Md. -- Seventy-nine percent of women here got recent exercise. There are also low reports of rapes and other crimes.
1. Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, Mass. -- Ninety-seven percent of women here have health insurance. There are also low rates of heart disease and depression.
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
President-elect Donald Trump is filling roles in his administration. Click through to see who has accepted positions.
Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for TIME Inc.
Donald Trump was named the 2016 Person of the Year by Time Magazine. Take a look back at the last 24 years of honorees.
With Wednesday representing the 75th anniversary of the Dec. 7, 1941, Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, take a look back at the attack that drew the U.S. into World War II through archival photographs.
She's convinced that she caught it on a gummy worm (I secretly switch the bait when she wasn't looking). She reeled it almost all the way in and then she got scared / excited when she saw it :)
Whether you're in a boat, on a bank or on a pier, we want a photo of your big catch. Share with us.
Have a consumer complaint? Click here to contact our Call For Action team.
Toby and Fiji
Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.