From "greenest" to happiest to safest, Self magazine scoured the country to find the healthiest spots for women.
25. Denver-Aurora, Colo. -- An estimated 79 percent of the women in this area get exercise. It also scored high for clear air and water.
24. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, Calif. -- Healthy eating habits, safe roads and high seat belt usage earned this area high marks.
23. Sioux Falls, S.D. -- Excellent mental health and clean air are reported in this South Dakota city.
22. Madison, Wis. -- Women in Wisconsin's capital city generally have good sleep habits and are at low risk for heart disease.
21. Rockingham-Strafford Counties, N.H. -- Farmers markets abound in this scenic area of New Hampshire. Good cancer screening habits are also reported.
20. Tucson, Ariz. -- This city is known for its clean environment, and women tend to eat healthy here.
19. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, N.Y. -- This area has a clean environment and is ranked low in allergies and asthma.
18. Santa Rosa-Petaluma, Calif. -- Eighty-eight percent of women here got recent exercise. The area is also home to many parks.
17. Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, Conn. -- This area is home to good cancer screenings and has lots of gyms per capita.
16. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Conn. -- This area has some of the lowest asthma rates in the country and is home to many parks.
15. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, Wash. -- Eight-two percent of women here got recent exercise, and many commuters bike and walk to work.
14. Washington, D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va. -- Women here have healthy eating habits and enjoy below-average unemployment.
13. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif. -- Healthy eating habits abound here, as do low allergy rates.
12. Santa Ana-Anaheim-Irvine, Calif. -- This area is home to low rates of rape and other crimes as well as healthy eating habits.
11. Santa Barbara-Santa Maria, Calif. -- This area has a long life expectancy and great sleep habits.
10. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif. -- Eighty-one percent of women here got recent exercise. The area also has low cancer rates.
9. Burlington-South Burlington, Vt. -- There are five times more farmers markets here than average, as well as clean air and water.
8. Fargo, N.D. -- Excellent mental health is reported among women here, as is a long life expectancy.
7. Honolulu -- This city has the longest life expectancy for women, as well as healthy eating habits.
6. Portland-South Portland-Biddeford, Ore. -- This area has 73 percent more gyms than average and a low rate of sexually transmitted diseases.
5. Boston-Quincy, Mass. -- There are 114 percent more doctors than average here, and many commuters bike, walk or use mass transit.
4. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minn. -- This area is home to low rates of heart disease and excellent mental health.
3. San Francisco-Oakland, Calif. -- Eighty-three percent of women here got recent exercise. Healthy eating habits are also common.
2. Bethesda-Gaithersburg-Frederick, Md. -- Seventy-nine percent of women here got recent exercise. There are also low reports of rapes and other crimes.
1. Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, Mass. -- Ninety-seven percent of women here have health insurance. There are also low rates of heart disease and depression.
Win McNamee/Getty Images
Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders cruised to early victories in the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday.
Darren McCollester/Getty Images
Voters in the first-in-the nation primary are getting the chance to cast judgment on the presidential field in a vote sure to shake the race to the White House. Here are five things to watch in the Granite State on Tuesday.
Sean Gardner/Getty Images
With today marking Fat Tuesday, take a look at New Orleans' Mardi Gras celebration along with the world's other big parties.
Whether you're going to Lambeau Field or cheering on the Green and Gold from your couch, show us how you celebrate your favorite team.
Wisconsin/Illionis game, 10/11/14
Are you part of the sea of red at Camp Randall or the Kohl Center? Show us your Badgers fan photos.
Keep up-to-date on what's going on in our area and find ideas for fun ways to take part in the community.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.