9 arrested in domestic violence warrant sweep
Updated On: Oct 17 2013 12:30:16 PM CDT
A sweep for people with outstanding family violence warrants yielded nine arrests, according to the Dane County Sheriff’s Office.
Wednesday’s sweep was part of the 11th annual Family Violence Apprehension Detail spanning 20 states. Sixteen Dane County deputies worked in teams throughout the day making 94 attempts to locate those with outstanding warrants.
Deputies arrested the following people based on the warrants listed:
• Zenas M. Ross, 28, of Madison, on suspicion of battery-substantial bodily harm, two counts of battery, criminal damage to property, domestic disorderly conduct, intimidation of a victim and a parole violation.
• Ramoji O. Carr, 33, of Madison, on suspicion of non-support, contempt of court, operating after revocation and a probation violation
• Charles L. Stokes, 25, of Madison, on suspicion of contempt of court and non-support
• Por Thor, 27, of Madison, on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct
• Obed Sargento-Cruz, 21, of Fitchburg, on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct
• Jonathan L. Thompson, 27, of Madison, on suspicion of contempt of court and non-support
• Jee Z. Veng, 23, of Madison, on suspicion of contempt of court and non-support
• Pedro Xelhua Meza, 32, of Fitchburg, on suspicion of contempt of court and non-support
• Noe Ocampo-Alvarez, 29, of Sun Prairie, on suspicion of battery, battery to injunction petitioner, criminal damage to property, violation of injunction and bail jumping
Eight other people were also booked into the Dane County Jail on domestic related charges by a variety of local law enforcement agencies.
Five were arrested in a similar effort by the Rock County Sheriff's Office. Deputies were unable to find 64 others.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.