Madison
26° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

7-year-old boy injured in Milwaukee house fire

Published On: Feb 16 2013 12:42:29 PM CST
Updated On: Feb 17 2013 12:00:35 AM CST

MILWAUKEE -

A 7-year-old boy is seriously injured after a house fire in Milwaukee.

Deputy Chief Jack Christianson of the Milwaukee Fire Department, said the boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to a local hospital.

Fire officials said there were no smoke detectors in the house when the blaze broke out around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.

Police Capt. Eric Moore said a motorist alerted rescuers after seeing smoke coming from the home.

He said the boy's grandfather who lives in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the 7-year-old was still upstairs. Firefighters then rescued the boy.

Moore said he was in critical condition Saturday night.

He said the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.

Advertisement
  • Time for Kids - Explore the Outdoors

    Dean Clinic and WISC-TV3 are focusing on a year-long campaign to get kids off their electronics and into the outdoors.

  • Learn more about WISC-TV

    Meet the News 3 staff, learn about our newscasts, search our job postings and find out how to contact us.

  • Chopper in Janesville

    Chopper in Janesville

    Your pet photos

    Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to petwalk@wisctv.com.

Advertisement