Published On: Aug 31 2011 02:40:43 PM CDTUpdated On: Dec 14 2011 12:40:43 PM CST
Using mile-per-gallon fuel efficiency and five-year total fuel costs, Forbes magazine lists the fuel-sippers that are your best bet for paying less at the gas pump.
Honorable Mention: Smart Fortwo -- Vincentric doesn't carry data for five-year costs on the Smart Fortwo, but Forbes felt it deserved honorable mention for its admirable 33-in-the-city and 41-on-the-highway mileage-per-gallon.
10. MINI Cooper City MPG: 28 Highway MPG: 37 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,652
10. Nissan Versa City MPG: 26 Highway MPG: 34 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,190
10. Ford Escape City MPG: 22 Highway MPG: 28 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,712
7. Chevrolet Aveo City MPG: 27 Highway MPG: 35 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,266
7. Honda Fit City MPG: 27 Highway MPG: 33 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,107
5. Hyundai Accent City MPG: 27 Highway MPG: 36 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,029
4. Honda Civic GX City MPG: 24 Highway MPG: 36 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $5,297
3. Toyota Yaris City MPG: 29 Highway MPG: 36 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,881
1. Volkswagen Jetta City MPG: 30 Highway MPG: 42 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,774
1. Volkswagen Golf City MPG: 30 Highway MPG: 42 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,774
Baltimore City Circuit Court Judge Barry G. Williams on Wednesday morning denied two key defense motions in the Freddie Gray case -- both the motion to dismiss the case for alleged prosecutorial misconduct and the motion to recuse prosecutor Marilyn Mosby from the case. The pretrial hearing came almost five months after Gray suffered a fatal spinal injury while being transported in a police van. These are the six officers and their charges.
Police ended the search for three people wanted in connection with the shooting death of a Fox Lake, Illinois, police officer, but authorities say the investigation continues. Here is timeline of events.
Gay marriage supporters were jubilant while some conservative leaders and religious groups were upset over Friday's historic Supreme Court ruling. Here's a look how some people reacted to the decision.