Real estate site Movoto recently compiled a list of the 10 most exciting cities in America.
Movoto’s Top 10 may run counter to popular opinion: Chicago is not even on the list. But Movoto says it based the rankings off off characteristics they believe lead to a happy city life.
Keep you and your friends and family healthy and safe over the Fourth of July weekend with these tips, as compiled by Prevention.com.
There were also two negative indicators: The number of fast food restaurants and Targets/Wal-marts. The fewer of each per square mile, the more unique and enjoyable the city is.
10. Portland, Ore. -- Scoring high on music venues and movie theaters per square mile, Portland's cultural scene catapulted it to the Top 10.
9. Philadelphia -- Philly's strengths are museums and diversity.
8. Atlanta -- Despite unfavorable scores on the number of fast food restaurants per square mile and park acreage per person, Atlanta's young population, bars and music scene secured it as No. 8.
7. Milwaukee -- "Brew city is simply solid on all of our criteria," writes Movoto Real Estate.
6. New York -- What held the Big Apple back? Movoto says it was lots of fast food joints.
5. Washington, D.C. -- Apart from being home to our nations politicians, D.C. contains beautiful national museums and parks (and ranks high in the number of bars per square mile).
4. Seattle -- Movoto says Seattle has inspired the creation of many things, including the "50 Shades of Grey" books. We can only guess that rainy weather has led to a bustling music and bar scene.
3. San Francisco -- Movoto ranked the City by the Bay high for its vibrant arts and music scene.
2. Boston -- Sporting a young population and a high number of bars and movie theatres, Boston sounds like nice place for a Friday night.
1. Oakland, Calif. -- Scoring the highest on the number of movie theatres and museums per square mile, Oakland never ceases to amaze, according to Movoto.
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
President-elect Donald Trump is filling roles in his administration. Click through to see who has accepted positions.
Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for TIME Inc.
Donald Trump was named the 2016 Person of the Year by Time Magazine. Take a look back at the last 24 years of honorees.
With Wednesday representing the 75th anniversary of the Dec. 7, 1941, Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, take a look back at the attack that drew the U.S. into World War II through archival photographs.
She's convinced that she caught it on a gummy worm (I secretly switch the bait when she wasn't looking). She reeled it almost all the way in and then she got scared / excited when she saw it :)
Whether you're in a boat, on a bank or on a pier, we want a photo of your big catch. Share with us.
Have a consumer complaint? Click here to contact our Call For Action team.
Toby and Fiji
Email us a picture of you and your pet and we'll use it in out Pet Walk segment which airs every weekday morning at 6:40. Include your name, your pet's name and where you're from. Email to email@example.com.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.